COOL GUN CLUB
This site is updated at approximately 5 PM the first Friday of each Month
Last Update: 1645 hrs EST, February 7, 2014
NO CGC MEETING IN JULY
Lake Miona Recreation Center
One Time Only Meeting Change
Next Meeting will be
March 14, 2014
Lake Miona Recreation Center, 7 PM
Guest Speaker(s) for March:
Metro Crime Prevention - Come learn about home and personal security.
Loren - Illegal Display of a weapon and Florida's Open Carry Statute.
Click on Logo to Join The NRA
Why we are called "COOL" Gun Club.
A Gun Forum for General Information and discussions
Shooting Sites Buy/Sell/Looking For
CWP Preliminary Eligibility Determination Calling For Appointment for CWP Humor & Politics
Emergency Preparedness & BOBs Hurricane Season Info
Please enter your email address in the box below to be added to the
Cool Gun Club Newsletter
Want additional information, you can contact me at Cool Gun Club Information and I can put you in contact with one of our trainers who will provide you with the requested information.
Contact our NRA Trainers for information regarding classes. All classes will only be signed up for at the monthly meetings. All classes must be pre-paid. See Firearm Training Classes for class offered. Click CGC Events Calendar for training dates and location. All instructors are NRA Certified.
- Loren - 575-388-8568 - Basic Pistol, First Step PIstol, Home Firearm Safety, Protection In The Home, First Step Shotgun, Basic Shotgun, NRA Chief RSO
- Ellen - 202-345-1117 - First Step Pistol, Women On Target, Basic Pistol, Home Firearm Safety, NRA RSO, Ladies Only Classes
- Mary - 240-462-3453 - First Step Pistol, First Step Rifle, Basic Rifle, Home Firearm Safety, Women On Target, Basic Pistol, NRA RSO, Ladies Only Classes
- Larry - 240-462-3438 - Basic Pistol, First Step Rifle, Basic Rifle, Protection In The Home, Home Firearm Safety, NRA RSO
- Rusty - 304-553-2029 - Basic Pistol, Protection In The Home, Home Firearm Safety, NRA RSO
Cool Gun Club
Cool Gun Club
- To promote safe handling of firearms in the home, in public or on a firing range.
- To promote the required skill, knowledge and attitude to responsibly own and use a firearm in a recreational and defensive setting.
- To gain the knowledge for the issuance of a concealed carry permit for the State of Florida.
- To become a responsible concealed weapon's permit holder.
Cool Gun Club
- No loaded firearms are permitted in the meeting room at anytime during the general club meetings.
- No unloaded firearms are permitted in the meeting room at anytime during the general club meetings, except those brought by an instructor..
- No live ammunition will ever be allowed in any classroom sitting during training.
- Members taking any training class must complete and pass the course and the range requirement before receiving training certificate(s).
- At no time will any attendee of the General Club Meetings ask any Recreational Center Staff to "watch" their firearm. Leave them home or in your vehicle.
Range Safety Rules
- A member of the Training Staff will insure all firearms are cased and unloaded.
- When attending range training, club members will follow all range rules and Training Staff instructions.
- No firearm may be loaded until instructed to do so by a Safety Officer.
- No firearm may be handled, shown or removed from table or holster, except when instructed to do so by a Safety Officer.
- Failure to follow range rules or Training Staff instructions will result in the member being removed from the range. The member must take additional safety training before be allowed back on the range.
The Villages "Cool Gun Club" meets on the First Friday of each month at Mulberry Grove Recreation Center at 7 PM. The club focus' on instruction and the safe handling of firearms (pistol, rifle and shotgun). The "Cool Gun Club" will not be hosting or scheduling any Villagers only shoots. Bring a good attitude and a willingness to learn safe responsible firearm handling.
Topics that will be discussed include Florida's Castle Doctrine (Stand Your Ground); Florida's Concealed Carry Laws, IE., where to carry, where not to carry; what States honor Florida's Concealed Weapons Permit (CWP), as a resident/non-resident; firearms safety; and where to shoot in the local area. Florida's law on firearm registration, waiting periods and how to transport a firearm within the State of Florida will also be discussed.
There will be displays and information about carry, recreational and competitive firearms. Each month a different type of firearm will be presented so that everyone will have an idea of how to render safe any firearm that you may come into contact. Personal firearms are NOT allowed in the general membership meetings. No live ammunition is allowed at anytime at the general membership meeting.
There will be guest speaker's from the local Gun Stores and other training faculties in the local area who will speak on firearms training and the current availability of firearms and ammunition. DVDs will be available showing different shooting styles.
All the "Cool Gun Club" Instructors are NRA certified with Law Enforcement and civilian firearms training. Concealed Weapons Permit (CWP) training will be offered to members and information will be provided on what is needed to obtain a CWP, as a Florida resident or non-resident and the current cost of the permit. Assistance will also be available on filling out the application at no cost.
All of our Instructors will be available to answer questions on their training at any of the monthly meetings.
Instructors will be available to answer questions on their training at any of the monthly meetings.
This is a non-political gun club and we will NOT be discussing politics, although the Club will bring to your attention bills and other information that would affect your firearm ownership in the State of Florida.
Click on Logo to Join The NRA
Click on Logo For Additional Information on
legal counsel for firearm related incidents.
Do you carry?
Do you realize the cost of a legal defense?
Website created and maintained by Starvation Graphics Company, to report any errors or mistakes please email the Webmaster. Thank you.